Supercharger Boost Controller
The Supercharger Boost Controller uniquely allows the driver to program a boost profile verses engine RPM. The boost controller has the ability to reduce the amount of manifold boost pressure developed by the supercharger. Higher manifold boost pressures and resulting higher compression temperatures increase the onset of detonation. This situation can lead the engine's computer to apply knock retard to alleviate this condition. Simple program the Boost Controller to run at a reduced manifold boost pressure to safely eliminate detonation and knock retard.
The purpose of changing supercharger pulleys is to adjust the amount of manifold boost pressure developed by the supercharger when under wide open throttle. With the Boost Controller, leaving on a smaller pulley for higher maximum boost pressures can now be programmed back by adjusting the boost profile. The smaller pulley can now be programmed to essentially be a larger pulley.
The supercharged engine requires higher/premium octane fuels (typically ~91) due to the higher compression temperatures supercharging causes. Using higher octane fuels holds off detonation and keeps the engine operating safely. However, this comes at the price of higher fuel cost at the pump. The Boost Controller can be used to reduce the supercharger boost pressure to a level where low octane fuels (typically ~87) can be used safely in the engine and money can be saved at the pump.
The Boost Controller allows the driver to disengage the boost control profile and have the controller command full boost (100%) with a simple tap of the rotary pushbutton. Tap the pushbutton again and the boost profile is re-engaged. This feature is available at any time. This is just another feature that makes the Boot Controller 2 provide unparalleled boost control at the driver's fingertips.
The Boost Controller offers the ability to apply the programmed boost control profile to only first gear. This amazing feature Easy Performance Products developed utilizes proprietary logic to determine when vehicle is in 1st gear and apply the boost profile while in 1st gear. Once the vehicle shifts into a higher gear, the controller will apply full boost and will remain at full boost until the engine speed is brought down to near idle. This feature is very useful for situations where a high power vehicle is being launched from a stop or low speed and the engine can easily over-power traction available in 1st gear. Enabling the Boost Controller 2's 1st Gear Control feature allows the controller to reduce power to a level that puts down the maximum amount of power to the ground and not break traction. Using this feature can result in the car accelerating from a stop or low speed with optimal performance. This feature can be easily engaged and disengaged in seconds.
- Simple interface using a single rotary knob with push button action
- User customizable boost profile is easily modified, no need to remove or connect to external device to make changes
- Exclusive 1st Gear Control Technology, allows boost profile to be used only in first gear
- Tap Boost feature allows driver to quickly and easily engage and disengage boost control
- Exclusive Universal Tachometer input, capable of receiving Engine Speed input from distributor, ECM Tach Output, Coil, Coil on plug, Crank Position Sensor, Cam Position Sensor and more
- All features can be modified on the fly, no need to turn Off and back On to have changes take effect
- Two line display capable of displaying any two of the following parameters: Engine RPM, Manifold Absolute Pressure, Commanded Boost Level & System Voltage
- Adjustable LCD Backlight Brightness
- Uses standard 2-1/6 inch gauge package, easily mounted in A-Pillar and Gauge Pods